The optimization of a website is very important to make it findable for users and to offer your products or services. You will have a hard time on Google if you are only found by those who know your brand already. Having a professional do a SEO Audit for you is the best way to have an overview of the situation as-is.
The organic search is the engine that powers your website, it is probably the best way to attract new visitors, do branding and hopefully make new and loyal customers.
Start measuring and analyzing data
Making a good SEO audit means to capture the current status of your website.
This means to take a “snapshot” of all the aspects that allow proper indexing.
The SEO Audit is a document that attest, at a given moment, all the technical aspects and text which make up the site, aimed at improving the organic site traffic.
What are the key aspects that must be present in an SEO audit?
– Current indexed keywords
– Organic traffic volume
– How your site is positioned in the reference market
– Competitor analysis with strengths and weaknesses
– Coding issues (html, scripts, url)
– Analysis of metadata (title, meta, copy)
– Site Speed
– Mobile analysis
– Backlink analysis
All these aspects are important to get an overview of the current state of things and to understand where and how to intervene to improve them.
There are several tools used to obtain these data,
let us look at a few of them:
1. Siteliner: Free and fast analysis of your entire website – duplicate content, broken links, internal page rank, redirection and more. Also creates an XML sitemap. Easy to use and manage.
2. Screaming Frog: One of best tools for SEO analysis – The SEO Spider is a desktop program you can install locally on PC, Mac or Linux which crawls websites’ links, images, CSS, script and apps to evaluate onsite SEO.
3. Ubersuggest: If you are searching for long-tail keywords, this scraping tool will get all the suggestions out of the autocomplete function in the google search bar.
4. Coscheduler: Use this tool to create and find the best titles for your content.
At the end of the day SEO follows business strategies!
To ensure that the SEO Audit is really useful for your brand, it is important to set specific goals and make sure your SEO consultant understands the needs and aims behind any possible changes in the same way. Otherwise he will deliver only meaningless numbers and graphs you cannot combine with your business strategies. That’s why you should work closely with your consultant to let them know your business goals and define a detailed SEO marketing strategy.